Question: Im 13. I want to start an online business over the summer. My goal is to eventually make six or more figures a year. I know that sounds crazy since im only 13, but its my ultimate goal. I have a few ideas for a business, but I’m not sure which ones are profitable, and which one I should do.
1. A website where users can submit original songs and other users can listen, rate, comment, share, and chat with other users. There will also be a page where users can keep track of their favorite songs, post info, and find new band members with the band member finder. I would make money from the site by selling ad space, and if the site gets really big, i could create a free and pro level membership (pro costs money). Pro members would get extra features. The problem is, since i have no coding or programming experience, I would have to hire a web design firm. A site like this, though, could cost tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars, which I don’t have! My other options are hire a coder/designer/programmer from elance for a nice price, or hire my cousin who is at RIT for web design and programming. I think this idea could be profitable. There is not really competition execpt for www.purevolume.com I like this idea a lot!
2. A website where I would sell musical instruments. I would buy the instruments from a wholesale/dropship company and when i get an order, i give the order to the company who will send the item to the customer. I would buy them wholesale and sell them for profit. I, however, think this business is bad since i would be competing with guitar center, sam ash, www.musiciansfriend.com, amazon, ebay, and more.
3. There is a website called www.remote-backup.com. They provide people options to start their own business providing online backup services. They sell you a license to sell their software for 0 and you re sell the software on your site. You could charge a customer a month for 10 gb of storage, and you would make some profit. Many people lose data everyday from viruses, hard drive crashes, theft, etc. This business would provide a solution. But, some huge competitors are mozy and snapfish and verizon’s new storage service. This could end up costing me 750 for nothing in return.
4. A website where a user can start/create a debate on two topics such as mcdonalds vs burger king. Other users can join the debate by posting arguments under the side they think is better. Example, if i like mcdonalds better then burger king, i post my reasons under the mcdonalds column for why i think it is better. This site could be usefull for many people such as shoppers who want to know what brand they should buy. I would sell ad space for this site.
5. I was reading Small Business Opportunities SBO Magazine, and they had a huge article on a new business opportunity. It is a company called www.resellerdynamics.com. They have a software that lets customers create their own website. They custom brand the software and give you liscense to resell the software for only 9. Once you pay you get a resellers liscense to sell the software, a custom website/hostin/and domain to promote the software to potential customers. You could charge a month for the software and resllerdynamics only takes for server stuff. thats profit a month per customer. If you have 400 customers paying you bucks a month, thats around 0,000 a year! This company is not a scam or pyramid scheme since I called the local BBB Better Business Beraue of the location, and they say the company has good reputations. I like this idea a lot since small business are looking for cheap ways to get a nice website up and running.
6. This last idea is one of my favorites. It would be a website/marketplace where people could buy/trade/sell/auction websites. The user could post a picture of the website, post info, and chose to either sell the site for a flat price, or start an auction for the site by placing a base price. There are already some sites that do this, but they are not that good function wise. www.sitepoint.com does have a feature where you could buy and sell websites, but that is not their main focus. I would make money from selling ad space, and charging the poster a small fee once a sale has been completed. I would hire my cousin to create this site, since it would not be hard to create since many auction and marketplace scripts are out their.
Which ideas do you think are most profitable? Which idea should I do? I love the music sharing site, website reseller, and the website marketplace idea (which is my favorite).
Even if you think none of these are profitable, what would you pick if you had to choose?
If you are looking for a web hosting service or if you need “unlimited” hosting service, we recommend you try myHosting. If you are looking for a company with very few aints|bad review, then try search for MyHosting review to see what we mean. They also give free domain name, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, unlimited add-on domains, friendly Site builder and much more for such a low monthly price. You can get MyHosting for only $4.84/month.
If you need a VPS instead of just cheap domain reseller, you can enter the Coupon Code below during checkout to get Up to 6 months FREE on VPS plans at MyHosting. If you want both Windows (Microsoft) and Linux Platform in one hosting plan, including unlimited diskspace and bandwidth, with 20 Exchange-based Email – then the coupon below takes $10 off the Premium myHosting plan.
We hope our answer about cheap domain reseller has helped to solve your problem. If not, you can try alternative answers below. If you have a better answer}}, please leave a comment in the box below.